System Engineer Sr. V
Fort Meade, MD
- Install, maintain and improve system configurations and solutions, as well as monitor and audit system utilization, performance and problems.
- Full life cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting storage requirements.
- Perform data migration tasks from direct attached storage and within SAN environments.
- Design modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Evaluate new technologies and architecting solutions.
- Perform daily Storage Engineer activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Use storage management tools to discover, monitor, provision and report on the storage infrastructure.
- Participate in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements.
-Experience of Netapp (FAS, File/Block) storage solutions is required.
-Experience with NetAPP data management architectures, including cDOT and 7-mode respectively. Experience with virtual environments.
-Must have expertise in Networking.
-Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
-Strong communication skills, strong documentation skills, and the proven ability to work in a consultative role to include requirements gathering, solution design, documentation, and training.
-Interface and communication effectively with customer.
-Able to work in a team environment.
-Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
-Strong communication skills.
-Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge in Windows, VMWare, and Linux Administration
- Knowledge of NetApp management tool
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess current/active TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH
• Doctorate and 8 years’ experience, Master's degree and 10 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 12 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 15 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 20 years’ experience in System Administration and/or Network Engineering.
• Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CSA+
Fort Meade, MD Location
REQUIRES ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE WITH POLY