System Engineer Sr. V
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform as the lead and assist junior team members with tasks.
• Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
• Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
• Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTs products.
• Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
• Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components. Provide support using Cisco hardware.
• Install network applications on Cisco network server’s equipment; Maintain, tests, research and resolve network issues.
Design, Implement and maintain various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
• Prepare data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
• Perform data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
• Understanding of enterprise management of converged networks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning. In depth knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
• Provide technical guidance/ recommendations for network architecture.
• Interface and communicate effectively with customer.
• Able to work in a team environment.
-Cisco Nexus OS, IOS, IOS-XE configuration management and equipment upgrade experience
-Cisco ASA Firewall upgrade and management experience including IPSec VPNs
-WAN and Campus based LAN network troubleshooting and fault isolation and resolution
-Cisco UCS, Hyperflex management experience.
-Recent experience in Linux and Citrix
-Windows Server 2012/2016, 10 deployment and management experience
-MS Powershell scripting, VMWare PowerCLI
-Cisco UCS, Hyperflex management experience
-VMWare VSphere ESXi 6.x experience
-Experience with Solarwinds
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree and 10 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 12 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 15 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 20 years’ experience in System Engineering.
One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position. Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GSIH, or GCED. Training and Certification provided for applicants meeting the above requirements. Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE