SYSTEM ENGINEER III
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. Experience building, patching and maintaining servers both physical and virtual. An understanding of Cloud Infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is necessary.
• Provide system support services for Virtual Machines (VM's) and images (scripting, image maintenance, system configuration and automation)
• Establish automated workflows through PowerShell scripting and Task Sequence for creating and deploying cloud images.
• Ensure VMs and images are reporting to corporate tools (SCCM, ePO, etc)
• Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations
• Maintain up to date system documentation for all responsible systems
• Troubleshoot systems identifying hardware, software and procedural issues.
• Respond to internal trouble ticket system requests:
o Respond promptly and courteously to engineering requests for assistance, take ownership and ensure resolution of tickets in a timely manner.
o Determine the nature of the problem being reported
o Initiate the action necessary to resolve the problem
o Document all communication to and from customers
o Ensure follow-up on outstanding service issues
• Implement plans for deploying new services in a highly available and automated environment
• Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies
• Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department
• Provide weekly status report on activities completed in the last week and current projects.
• Mid-level to Senior Linux systems in the areas of system administration, troubleshooting, integration, shell scripting, and development. (i.e. Task Sequence, SCCM, ePO, PowerShell scripting and configuring/maintaining DNS)
• Experience with VMWare and supporting a virtual infrastructure
• Experience with Cloud infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Experience with configuration management and development environments such as: git, subversion, or Jenkins
• Experience with any of the following: JIRA, Nagios, Python, Puppet, YUMRpo, Ansible Tower, and/or ILOM
• Experience with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (OSP)
• Experience with Windows System Administration
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
• Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
• One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNA-Security, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
• Must be available for on-call support.
• Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
Required Education & Related Experience: High School/GED + 9 years OR Associates + 7 years OR Bachelors + 5 years OR Masters + 3 years OR Doctorate + 1 year
Shift Information Provided During Application