Symantec Blue Coat WebProxy Engineer
The role requires a technically savvy consultant who can troubleshoot existing complex Blue Coat implementations and lead in the design and implementation of new enterprise-wide or global Blue Coat product deployments. A deep technical understanding of Blue Coat Application Delivery Network technology pillars including Visibility, Acceleration, and Security solutions. Products include ProxySG, ProxyAV, and PacketShaper appliances; SGOS, Director, Reporter, IntelligenceCenter, WebFilter, and PolicyCenter software solutions..
• Act as technical SME when working with program engineering customers
• Assist with Blue Coat capacity plans
• Assist Blue Coat customer support in managing and solving critical customer escalations
• Assist in monitoring, configuration changes, and software updates
• Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
• Strong understanding of enterprise and global strategies and technical challenge
• Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a variety of security-related network issues
• Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers
• Assist to optimize proxy solutions.
• Assists with training other employees on a periodic basis
• Eagle Alliance’s engineering and management team will have access to phone support 24x7, 365 days a year via a local telephone number.
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. Candidate's experience should include a minimum of 7 yrs related experience OR equivalent combination of experience and education
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering is preferred (5 additional years of network engineering experience may be substituted for a degree).
• BCCP, BCCPP, BCWAA, BCWAP, BCPSA, BCPSP certifications preferred but not required.
• IAT level II/III certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
• Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices is a plus
• Security vulnerability management guidance
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, cookies, authentication, web filtering, virus scanning web servers, SSL/encryption and reporting packages.
• Understanding of Chatty protocols (MAPI, CIFS)
• Perform Technical Assistance Center (TAC) case support.
• RMA processing for all approved vendor hardware replacements under maintenance.
• Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization, both veriably.
Immediate day shift position available. (Day shift, Monday thru Friday)
Must have the ability to work extended hours as needed.