SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT WITH CITIRX EXPERIENCE
This Subject Matter Expert (SME) position supports the back-end of a next generation end user environment that combines a standard modern Windows based Desktop and Office Automation, with Unified Communications through a virtual environment. It brings improvements to desktop reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. With tools for creating, connecting, and collaborating, this environment allows managers, engineers, analysts, and other user groups to focus on their job, while this program provides the necessary IT support to include a focus on the various Citrix elements.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Citrix Subject Matter Expert using system engineering and SQL experience
• Assists with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, and design/development
• Provides application configuration and functional use of either Java, J2EE and web services, or PeopleSoft applications.
• Hands on involvement with the implementation, integration, and maintenance efforts of an information systems architecture relating to the Citrix environment in both Windows and UNIX/Linux/Solaris systems
• Works with the back-end application developers and DBA’s to effectively integrate applications into virtual desktop infrastructure.
• Must be a self-starter and team player that is able to work several high priority tasks concurrently, while maintaining a professional attitude
• Must demonstrate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e. recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
• Must be able to multi-task at times, working several high priority tasks concurrently. The ability to interface in a professional manner with non-technical customers is important. Initiative, communicating, and listening are important to the success of the associated mission
Some Key Skills & Experience Include:
• In-depth experience with XenApp and at least some these other Citrix elements ( Citrix XenDesktop, NetScale Appliance, Profile Manager, Citrix Provisioning Server, Citrix Web interface, Citrix PNA/Receiver)
• Experience with Windows Server 2008R2, SQL Server security/mirroring/development/administrating/clustering, VMware (including ESX/ESXi server and VSphere), Active Directory (AD), Microsoft App-V, Solaris 8 and 10, Centrify, and Secure Global Desktop (SGD); and must be able to use command line
• Solid Java developer with hands-on experience analyzing, developing and maintaining large scale, mission critical applications in Windows and Unix virtual environments.
Customer Minimal Education/Experience Requirements: Doctorate plus 8 years ,OR Master’s plus 10 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 12 years, OR Associate’s plus 15 years, OR H.S./GED plus 20 years
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
• Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
• Must be available for on-call support.
• Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
• One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, GICSP, or CND.