Linux/Windows System Engineer
Fort Meade, MD - TM-RQ121631
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for the client window server devices.
- Provides Tier 1 through Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Installation and troubleshooting of various Linux applications.
- Candidate must be able to coordinate and partner with various work centers, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks.
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent teaming skills and a positive, customer-focused attitude.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Strong Linux system administration skills with general Red Hat Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum system availability.
• Must be able to configure and manage Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS.
• Must be able to use and troubleshoot servers running CENTOS6,7, and 8. Redhat 6,7, and 8., with direct attached and FC SAN storage.
• Enterprise client server configurations.
• Fielded systems.
• Blade systems and associated interconnects (FC, TCP/IP, etc.).
• Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating System.
• Centrify Installation, Configuration, and Management.
• Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange.
• NoMachine NX.
• Master's Degree and 4 years' experience, Bachelor's Degree and 6 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 8 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 10 years’ experience in System Administration.
• Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CSA+.
• Scripting language.
• Novice experience with Virtualization.
• Basic knowledge in setup and use of certs in Windows 10 environment.
Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE