SR. BACKUP STORAGE SYSTEM ENGINEER
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Engineering, designing, implementing, upgrading, and managing a large Backup/Restore environment.
• Troubleshooting backup devices, storage, networking, VMs and operating systems issues.
• Gathering requirements and providing technical direction for the support and integration of backup/restore systems.
• Providing hardware/software testing in a lab environment.
• Documenting processes and procedures, and preparing reports for management.
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. Candidate's experience should include a minimum of 10 yrs related experience OR equivalent combination of experience and education
• Must have working knowledge of Dell Data Domain/Avamar product
• Must have working knowledge of CIFS, NFS, iSCSI and NDMP
• Must have strong troubleshooting skills
• Solid Linux command line skills a plus
• Scripting experience a plus
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
• Must be able to work independently or with no supervision
• Must be able to work extended hours if needed
• Must be available for after hours on-call support
• Must be available for possible travel (less than 10%)
• Must have excellent communication skills
Immediate day shift position available. (Day shift, Monday thru Friday)
Must have the ability to work extended hours as needed.
• Prefer that you have a current passport or are willing to obtain one