Fort Meade, MD
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for providing technical support for the program. Serve as the SharePoint Administrator while providing direct support to the customer. Work closely with team members on various projects. Develop expertise in the clients functional missions.
Duties include but are not limited to farm resource management (disk, memory, etc.), farm configuration management (thresholds, building new elements such as web apps or site collections, etc.), service application management (i.e. ability to install / configure all of the numerous service apps), security / patching, analysis / reporting, documentation of all architectures and procedures, and troubleshooting any issues arising from the infrastructure, Manage the functionality and efficiency of a SharePoint farm, site collection, and assist other Site Collection Administrators
Provide advice, guidance and training to end-users and less-experienced staff members on the correct and appropriate use of the SharePoint functions and capabilities.
Configure administrator and service accounts.
Coordinates hardware and software installation and provide backup recovery.
These responsibilities include 24x7 on-call support. Additional duties include assisting users in the use and/or troubleshooting of all aspects of the SharePoint portals.
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition, candidate must have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SharePoint infrastructure technologies such as database, network, security, server, storage, and workstations
- SharePoint – knowledge of SharePoint versions 2013, and 2016
- Intermediate PowerShell scripting experience
- Communicate all system outages to the 24x7 operations center.
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Understanding of STIG application and system hardening, file system structures, and machine architectures related to SharePoint.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Web Applications – troubleshooting configuration, Security, and performance issues
- Experience with server virtualization (VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V preferred)
- Solid work ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
BA/BS and 5 years of relevant experience OR equivalent combination of experience and education
Immediate day shift position available. (Day shift, Monday thru Friday)
24x7 Call-In Support Required REQUIRES ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE WITH POLY