Service Engineer I
Redmond, WA | Reston, VA
Strong college hire or 1-2 years of experience in service operations
• Demonstrated experience diagnosing/debugging faults in complex services or distributed systems
• Working knowledge of enterprise network gear including routers, switches, and load balancers.
• Working knowledge of enterprise routing protocols and IP sub-netting
• Experience using common diagnostic tools like Netmon, WinDBG and Wireshark
• Experience with PowerShell, SQL, and Python scripting
• Able to diagnose and mitigate faults • Able to identify and drive recovery levers with feature teams
• Able to communicate effectively through written and oral English
• Able to interact with external customers and partners on behalf of Microsoft
• Ability to perform work under continuous deadline pressure
Hold active TS/SCI security clearance with a full-scope polygraph fully adjudicated by the designated agency.
Reston, VA - location hours - Weekends Sat. and Sunday 12-hours shift and Monday/Tuesday 8-hour shift.
Redmond, WA - location hours - Day Shift Mon-Fri 8-hour shift.