Service Engineer I
Reston, VA | Redmond, WA
Strong college hire or 1-2 years of experience in service operations
• Demonstrated experience diagnosing/debugging faults in complex services or distributed systems
• Working knowledge of enterprise network gear including routers, switches, and load balancers.
• Working knowledge of enterprise routing protocols and IP sub-netting
• Experience using common diagnostic tools like Netmon, WinDBG and Wireshark
• Experience with PowerShell, SQL, and Python scripting
• Able to diagnose and mitigate faults • Able to identify and drive recovery levers with feature teams
• Able to communicate effectively through written and oral English
• Able to interact with external customers and partners on behalf of Microsoft
• Ability to perform work under continuous deadline pressure
• Hold active TS/SCI security clearance with a full-scope polygraph fully adjudicated by the designated agency.
Day Shift - (Mon - Fri 8hrs) -- Reston, VA
Night Shift - (Mon - Fri 8hrs) -- Redmond, WA