DATA BASE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST SR. IV
As a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team, the Senior Database Administrator is responsible for keeping Oracle RAC and SQL server databases up and running fast, troubleshooting database errors, performance tuning inefficient database code, creating Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases, managing database storage, migrating databases from Solaris servers to Linux servers, setup Oracle Wallet and manage certificates.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
-The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for the following:
• Setup, installation, and support for the Microsoft SQL Server database management system, along with SQL Server Failover Clustering.
• Setup, installation, backups, and support for:
o PostgreSQL database management system
o Sybase database management system
o MySQL database management system
• Provide monitoring, performance, and tuning of the four database management systems. Primary focus for this position is on the PostgresSQL and Sybase database management systems.
• Experience with the Linux and Windows operating systems is required to create database server installation scripts
• BASH and Powershell scripting
-familiarity with storage arrays, backups, and NAS’s/SAN’s
-performance tuning on backup/recovery issues and archive systems management software.
-experience with Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c
-familiarity with the following:
•Best practices in relation to creation of aggregates, volumes and iSCSI LUNs
•Zoning hosts to storage via command line interface
•NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI protocols
•EMC, IBM, and Hitachi (Vion) storage arrays
•Oracle databases, PL/SQL, and other scripting languages
•Robotic ACS controlled library
•Oracle, Quantum, or IBM tape libraries and tape drives
•Isilon and NetApp clusters
•Vfiler (virtual filer) operations
Top Skills Required:
1) Strong experience managing large scale databases
2) Oracle: Database Management, primarily Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c. This includes troubleshooting, performance tuning, and familiarity with Oracle networking; along with Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and Real Application Clusters (RAC).
3) Understanding of Oracle installation and patching processes, along with service request handling and understanding of Oracle OEM, Grid Control, DbConsole, and 12C Cloud Control; and Oracle backup and recovery features, especially RMAN (Recovery Manager) for backups
Three Nice-To-Have Skills:
1) Experience in Linux and Solaris environment
2) Familiarization with ticketing systems (i.e. SM7, SM9, Remedy, etc.)
3) In addition to Postgres, and Oracle, exposure to other databases such as MySQL, Sybase, and SQLServer is a plus
REQUIRES ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE WITH POLY