Fort Meade, MD
- Perform tier three windows system support within Azure in both NIPR and SIPR networks.
- Responsible for ensuring that Azure instances are built and secured to meet DISA STIG security and mission requirements;
- Construct cloud based servers work with networking during implementation and rollout; will be responsible for working with Exchange Administrators to configure Office 365 environments.
- Familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement within the cloud.
- Participating in working groups, design reviews, and system tests.
- Work with the Cloud Architect to generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on results and reviews.
- Deploy and configure cloud services according to best practice
- Use system automation technologies such as chef, puppet, ansible or others to create standardized IT environments
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Work with Solution Architects to conduct proof of concepts (POCs) and assist in Production implementations
- Assess existing application stacks and suggest cloud native services for applicability
- Assess existing environments for opportunities to simply, automate or bring efficiency to technical processes
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition, candidate must have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 12+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or related
- 3+ years of experience in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, or administration
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure or AWS services and standard, best practice configurations
- Cloud System Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills and must have a strong understanding of cloud networking protocols and best practices.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Exposure to big data solutions in cloud environments.
- Experience with documenting procedures
- Deep knowledge of software deployment, versioning and release management processes
- Experience working with and supporting software production server environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Immediate day shift position available. (Day shift, Monday thru Friday)
REQUIRES ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE WITH POLY